Five Tips to Keeping the Love in Marriage Alive
- Write a note of love – this classic way to express yourself has been replaced in our modern times. Do not send an email, text or other virtual communication; write them an old fashion pen and paper note expressing your love.
- Attend a Seminar or Class together. The couples that learns together, stays together. Shared interest, shared learning and sharing ideas keeps things alive in a relationship. It breeds new life, new activity, and fights against staleness, routine and boredom.
- Say, “I love you” with added remarks. Express that you love your partner, yet be specific about what you love about them. You are one of the most important mirrors in your partner’s life. Your words either build up or tear down. Your life will be much better if you are building up and not tearing down.
- Dating is mandatory. Making time to spend with each other is the lifeblood of a relationship. It can be fine dining or eating a burger together, the time on a date refreshes the relationship.
- Create a Memory of Significant Moments Together. Significant moments such as the Wedding, wonderful vacations, elegant evenings or family gatherings needs to be captured in photograph or video. Keep these memorials in places that can be seen on a regular basis. Remembering the good times keeps a good vibration circulating in the home.
Dean Sunseri is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. He specializes in assisting married relationship.