Strategies to Deal with the Holiday Blues
The Holiday Season can be a time of joy, celebration and gathering with family, yet for some this time of year can be emotionally challenging. The following are some Strategies to deal with the Holiday blues.
1. Give to Someone Less Fortunate than Yourself. Find someone who is in a more difficult situation than yourself and give to them in some way. Giving releases a blessings that will eventually circle back to you.
2. Make a List of Things that you are Thankful For. A gratitude list will foster an attitude of gratitude which can change your mood in a matter of minutes.
3. Connect with People that you Love. Making connections warms the heart, especially in this time of year.
4. Volunteer. Feed the homeless, visit a nursing home, assist at your church. Do something outside yourself.
5. Pray. Go from self focused to God focused. This simple act can break off depression quickly.
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas Season!
If you need counseling in coping with the Holidays, feel free to contact us at 225-290-7252.